Disclaimer

I go to a lot of effort to make sure I give other people proper credit when I borrow their ideas, stories, images, etc. Please give me that same courtesy.

All posts dated prior to July 30, 2009 are taken whole or in part from my more extensive MySpace blog. If you have a MySpace profile feel free to send me a friend request to get full access to my blogs there.

MySpace Tracker

September 12, 2007

My Eyes Deceive Me [OR] I Hate My New Eye Doctor

So, I moved not too long ago. I needed new glasses, so I went to the first doc on my insurance's list. Nice guy -- we had a real good chat, and I felt comfortable getting my exam. If only the dentist could be this pleasant.

The only problem was that my prescription is not right.

The first few days after I got my new lenses, everything was at a crazy angle. OK, I thought, so my astigmatism is being corrected. That's always fun.

That's not all, though. Everything is out of focus. When I close my right eye, everything looks fine; when I close my left eye, everything gets blurry.

Obviously, he got my right eye wrong. Or maybe the company that made my lenses got my lenses wrong. I called my eye doc to find out which was which, and his office said to wait another week and give my eyes time to adjust.

Another week?!
It's never taken more than a few hours for my eyes to adjust to a new prescription, no matter how drastic the change was.

My eyes hurt. I can't concentrate for more than a few minutes at a time on my homework/work. I can't look people in the face because it hurts my eyes to distinguish all the contours and 3-D stuff, so it looks like I have Asperger's Syndrome or something. I really shouldn't be driving, but I've driven in more altered states before, and besides -- there are things that just need to get done. I'm only typing this because I'm that damn good and can type (for the most part) without looking.

This sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment