Disclaimer

I go to a lot of effort to make sure I give other people proper credit when I borrow their ideas, stories, images, etc. Please give me that same courtesy.

All posts dated prior to July 30, 2009 are taken whole or in part from my more extensive MySpace blog. If you have a MySpace profile feel free to send me a friend request to get full access to my blogs there.

MySpace Tracker

November 20, 2007

Procrastination Station

Well, it's Tuesday again. I have a lot schoolwork due over the next two days, which means I'm busy doing something else. I don't know why I'm such a horrible procrastinator, but I can't seem to help it.

One of my favorite ways to waste time is visiting www.lileks.com. This site has a hilarious collection of old magazines and ads from the 40s, 50s, and 60s. My favorite spot is the Institute of Official Cheer. On top of the general silliness of the ads themselves, Lilek does a great job with captions and commentary. Most of the pictures and slogans on my MySpace come from there. I'm posting a ton of funny matchbooks there today. You should check it out.

I love that kind of goofy nostalgia. I'm currently collecting old ashtrays, myself. I have two really good ones: one that advertises some gun company, and another one from Holiday Inn. They're both from the 60s. In all I have four ashtrays, which is pretty impressive since I don't even know anyone who smokes.

I also have a slowly expanding collection of coffee mugs. I'm a coffee addict. My mugs are from places I've been: Sequoia National Park, New Orleans, and Gulf Shores. These aren't the only places I've visited, of course; they're just the only ones I bought mugs from. My favorite is the Gulf Shores mug -- it has a pirate on it and reads "Time flies when you're having rum!" Actually, my brother-in-law gave that one to me -- he knows me so well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, it's supposed to snow a little here Thursday morning. Looks like it'll be a beautiful Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment